Students in Grades 10 -12 may take online courses either full-time or part time. Each course has its own Course Outline. Students may have access to course outlines prior to enrolment, in order to be informed of course expectations.
- Each student taking an online course has to complete a course selection form indicating all the courses, including timelines, they wish to take.
- An SD#8 OL Advisor reviews the course selections to ensure that course programming is reasonable and Grad requirements are being met.
- The course selection form will be signed and dated and put on file once complete.
- Any changes to the course selection (ie - dropping courses, adding courses, changing timelines) will be noted and a historical record of changes will be kept.
- Each course listed on the course selection form will have its own Course Outline.
- Teachers will submit these to be put on file.
- Should a teacher need to personalize a course outline, the one original to the student will be sent to the office for inclusion with the course selection form.
- Only those courses indicated on a course selection form will be entered into the 1701 data collection once the course has become active.
- Prior to beginning any online course, a new student must complete an online orientation course to develop key skills and ensure the student is a good candidate for online learning.
- Once this course has been successfully completed, courses requested on the course selection form can be made available to the student.
- Students will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on the course to be taken into consideration for improvements to course delivery.