Students in Grades 10 -12 may take online courses either full-time or part time. Each course has its own Course Outline. Students may have access to course outlines prior to enrolment, in order to be informed of course expectations.
Elev8 has two distinct 10 to 12 programs, the distributed learning (on-line) program through DESK, as well a more blended learning model through the Creston Homelinks program.
- Each student taking an online course has to complete a course selection form indicating all the courses, including timelines, they wish to take.
- An SD#8 DL Advisor reviews the course selections to ensure that course programming is reasonable and Grad requirements are being met.
- The course selection form will be signed and dated and put on file once complete.
- Any changes to the course selection (ie - dropping courses, adding courses, changing timelines) will be noted and a historical record of changes will be kept.
- Each course listed on the course selection form will have its own Course Outline.
- Teachers will submit these to be put on file.
- Should a teacher need to personalize a course outline, the one original to the student will be sent to the office for inclusion with the course selection form.
- Only those courses indicated on a course selection form will be entered into the 1701 data collection once the course has become active.
- Prior to beginning any online course, a new student must complete an online orientation course to develop key skills and ensure the student is a good candidate for online learning.
- Once this course has been successfully completed, courses requested on the course selection form can be made available to the student.
- Students will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on the course to be taken into consideration for improvements to course delivery.