Elev8 is our Distributing Learning program for School District 8 (SD8) which offers two program opportunities - Homelinks or DESK at various grade levels, depending on the community you are living in, as well the type of distributed learning program you are looking for.
- Homelinks is open to students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. With their parents and a BC Certified Teacher, Homelinks students construct an individualized Student Learning Plan. The Student Learning Plan is a living documents that helps guide the student’s learning and is tied to the BC Ministry of Education Curriculum. Students do the majority of their work at home, with the option of having in school time, but enjoy the support of qualified teachers to help them plan their journey through their school years.
- SD8 currently has three Homelinsk locations:
Distance Education School of the Kootenays - DESK
- DESK is open to students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The DESK teach plans and oversees the education program, while the parent provides the day to day support at home.
- DESK Elementary program is a full time program with Kindergarten to Grade 4 being paper based and Grade 5-9 is online.
- DESK Secondary students in Grades 10 -12 may take online courses either full-time or part time. Each course has its own Course Outline. Students may have access to course outlines prior to enrolment, in order to be informed of course expectations.